In May 1970, hundreds of students occupied the ROTC hangar on campus and staged a “paint-in” because they wanted the building converted to what?
A: A center for peace studies
B: A day care facility
C: A student recreation center
D: Communal housing for male and female students
The UConn men’s basketball team made its first NCAA tournament appearance on March 20, 1951, in a game that had so many UConn students in attendance a special train from Willimantic to New York was chartered. Who defeated the Huskies on that occasion?
A: St. John’s
C: Boston College
The Josephine Dolan Collection at the School of Nursing includes everything from period medical uniforms to a 500-pound iron lung. Who was Josephine Dolan?
A: UConn’s first dean of nursing
B: An alumna of the nursing school
C: The first nursing instructor at UConn
D: A Connecticut nurse who traveled the world collecting medical artifacts
Between the end of World War II and the mid-1950s, an area on the north side of campus became known as “Oil Can Alley.” What was this area used for?
A: The university motor pool
B: Experiments by the School of Engineering
C: Construction equipment storage
D: Faculty housing
Nursing students in a dissection course circa 1946. The program is celebrating its seventy-fifth anniversary.